Calling for Abstracts
1st Indo-SL collaborative EM EVENT
EMCON 2020 + SLEMCON 2020/21
“Collaborate for Innovative Emergency Care"
Instructions to authors on abstract submission.
The scientific committee accepts abstracts of original research and case reports written in English relevant to the field of Emergency Medicine. World limit for abstracts shall be 300 words.
Research abstracts should be structured as follows:
- The title of the abstract- Should be brief but adequately descriptive. Use lower case letters except at the beginning of the title and unless indicated.
- Corresponding author name and address
- Background / Introduction
- Methods-Details of study setting, subjects, selection process, measurements and analysesand statistics including a statement on ethics
- Results-Sufficient data to address objectives and support conclusions.
- Conclusions/ key message- Should be based on results, findings and observations of the study.
Case reports should be structured as follows:
- The title of the abstract
- Corresponding author name and address
- Case Description-Include basic demographics, relevant clinical features, therapies offeredand outcomes.
- Conclusion/ key message
- Author names:Authors’ surnames should be followed by their initials. Do not use prefixes such as Prof, Dr, Mr or Mrs. The name of the presenting author should be underlined. The next line should state author affiliations. Please use superscript numbers to link each author with his/her relevant affiliations. These should be entered in the cage provided in the web portal or in the word form.
- Abstract Text:Begin each paragraph without indentation and use single spacing. Use Times New Roman, font size 12. There should be no space between paragraphs.
- The authors are requested to use generic names of drugs as far as possible.
- The authors should take intellectual and ethical responsibility for the work and contents of the paper.
- If the work has been previously presented or published in part, this should be stated clearly in relevant cage.
- The abstract text should not include tables or figures.
- References are not required.
Submitting the abstract
- Abstracts should be submitted Online through the abstract submission web portal (see link).
- Submission Deadline: On or before 1st of March 2021, 23:59h IST. Organizing committee will not accept submissions after this deadline.
- Abstracts should be accompanied by an ethical clearance/ patient consent / conflict of interest statement as appropriate.
- Committee will allocate a reference number to each submitted abstract and this should be quoted in all subsequent correspondence. A valid email address should be entered on the online submission form as all communications will be made via email only.
- Submitting the abstract using the web portal
On completion of online essential information, the portal will allow submission of the abstract.
- Submitting the abstract via email
Two copies of the abstract should be attached. One with all identifiable information of authors along with the presenting author’s name underlined. The second should be anonymous and should not contain any person identifiable information. The formats accepted include Microsoft office Word 2007/2010/2013.
Informing the authors
- Abstracts not conforming to the above instructions will be rejected.
- Following peer review, the scientific committee reserves the right to select the free papers either for oral or poster presentation.
- The reviewer comments will be made available to the corresponding author.
Registering for the EMCON 2020 + SLEMCON 2020/21
- If the abstract was accepted as an oral / poster presentation, the attending and presenting authors are expected to register at least for the relevant session. The abstract submitted and accepted will be printed in the abstract book with no modification. Therefore, it is prudent that the authors scrutinise and correct all typographical errors and grammar before submitting the final script.